You know that feeling, a strong pull in your gut, an inner voice giving you advice. Your intuition. Intuition is a knowing without having to research the reasoning behind it. This is inner knowledge you can feel your body connect with that, without too much energy and contemplation, simply clicks. We are all born with an inner knowing and our bodies are designed to inform us of this connection and realization immediately without the need for conscious reasoning. I keep reading intuition is like a muscle. If you practice using it, it expands and develops to become a stronger part of who you are. The more it develops, the more you begin trusting what it is telling you. Really, what YOU are telling you. Here are 6 steps you can take that help to exercise and reconnect with that part of you that sometimes goes underused and undervalued:
1) Meditate Give yourself time weekly, if not daily, to sit quietly. Discover your own form of meditation.
2) Reiki ***(receiving Reiki sessions and learning how to do self-Reiki treatments) My favorite. This form of healing and energy work supports your life force energy within, tapping directly into your intuition which is the mind to body connection. The flow of life force energy that Reiki generates awakens a tangible sensation within your body. Even though it may be quiet and subtle, it is a divine form of communication from your heart to your brain.
3) Practice gratitude Before going to sleep each night, consider what you have to be thankful for in this life
4) Spend time outside If there is ever going to be a surefire way and time to connect to an inner voice, outdoors where the senses come alive is the ticket
5) Be creative Write, paint, pick up some clay, dance, put a collage together of beautiful pictures and give rise to your imagination
6) Yoga Some of the poses encourage the third eye chakra to open up, the emotional center for intuitive thoughts ***To learn more about Reiki, tap onto this link and begin tapping into your inner knowing: www.InsyncEnergy.com